Monday, October 4, 2010

Day Six

As fun as the drive to Florida was, dealing with the movers has been the exact opposite.

When the movers left my parents house last Monday the driver said maybe Saturday.  During the drive down  the driver called and told Dad Monday morning.  Sunday night we got a call from the driver saying he had to go down to Naples, Florida and would be in Leesburg late Monday afternoon.

At 2:00 Monday afternoon my sister and I called the driver.  We grabbed his number from my Dad's cell phone caller ID. The driver tells us he is in Miami, his boss the dispatcher sets the schedule. He won't bet there until first thing Tuesday morning.

We are not pleased.  For those of you who know me, especially when I'm not happy, you know how I get.  Just think of that times two, cause ya know, my sister was there with me. She's as bad as I am.  So we call the dispatcher.

My sister and I are sitting in her Wrangler with the top down yelling at the dashboard because her phone was using the bluetooth in the car. I'm sure we looked like idiots.

There was lots of conversation before this part....
Me:  "We are running out time to help our parents. We keep getting told a different date."

Movers said something but I don't remember.

Me: "My parents have no place to sleep tonight." (not quite the truth) I was trying everything to get them to agree to deliver Monday night.

We really are at their mercy and we know it.  The problem is they know it too. There isn't much we can do at this point.

On a brighter note, I had a great time with my family Saturday night.  My sister, her husband, my niece, my nephew and my parents all went to the Winter Garden Music Festival.
Ken, Angie, Debbie and Steve






It was a fun event to attend but Dad's hip kept him glued to the benches.

Me and Dad


But then he found an open swing and wouldn't budge.

























Not too much funny to report today.  The mover thing has me frustrated and worried.  My sister's husband was joking a few days ago that the movers were probably selling my parent's stuff to people in Haiti. I laughed at the time but now I'm not so sure.....

No comments:

Post a Comment